Favor with God
- Pray for God’s servants to walk in the Spirit, pleasing to the Lord.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to give personal direction, teaching, vision.
- Pray for ever-increasing knowledge of God.
- Pray for Pastors work to be the best.
- Pray for Pastors to have strength to withstand the fiery darts of the enemy.
- Pray for Pastors to be sensitive to God’s voice, to have spiritual ears and God’s own heart.
- Pray for Pastors to speak the Word with boldness wherever they go.
Favour with Man
- Pray that people will be sensitive to the material and spiritual needs and support them.
- Pray that there will be no gossip, undue criticism, scandals and rumours.
- Pray that God will send His ministering angels to guard Pastors.
- Pray that all Pastors will be in unity and attuned to the Holy Spirit for direction; that they will be supportive of one another.
- Pray for God to give Pastors a spirit of wisdom, understanding, knowledge, counsel and strength, obedient and reverent fear of the Lord (Isaiah 11:2).
- Pray that the Pastors will witness effectively and boldly to the lost.
- Pray for God to prepare the hearts of those with whom the Pastors share the gospel.
- Pray for God to clarify His vision of ministry to Pastors.
- Pray for helpers in carrying out the vision.
- Pray for keen discernment between God’s wisdom and human wisdom.
- Pray for pure motives, purged by God through the Word and their personal prayer time.
- Pray for discernment against impure motives.
- Pray for God to lead and direct their paths.
- Pray that they will withstand fiery tests and these will serve to sharpen their vision.
Spirit, Soul, and Body
- Pray for divine health—physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually.
- Pray for all effects of fatigue and discouragement to be loosed from the Pastors’ minds and bodies.
- Pray for the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
- Pray for total submission to the Lord in every aspect of life.
- Pray for a spirit of unity, not competition; humility, not superiority; co-operation, not defensiveness.
- Pray for Pastors to pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace.
- Pray for Pastors to feed daily on the Word of God and maintain a healthy prayer life.
Warfare and Protection
- Pray that God would send angels to guard our Pastors, their families, and property, to put a hedge of protection around all that is going in, coming out, the atmosphere above, and the ground below.
- Pray that the angels would go before them and do battle in their behalf.
- Pray that God foils all attacks and traps of the enemy.
- Pray against all occult activity—curses, witchcraft divination, sorcery.
- Ask the Lord to raise Christians who are bold enough to stand in the gap on their behalf.
- Pray for intercessors that will wage war and become a prayer shield for our Pastors.
- Lift up the standard of Christ above that of the enemy on their behalf.
- Pray that the Lord will cause Pastors to abound in prosperity: body, soul, and spirit.
- Thank God for providing all the needs: personal, family, ministry.
- Pray for Pastors of the Gospel to learn to be wise stewards of time, to become disciplined.
- Pray for Pastors relationship with God to remain a priority.
- Pray that prayer and the study of the word would be the first activity of each day.
- Pray that they would not neglect their families even as they seek to serve the Lord.
- Pray that they would minister to their spouses and children as they do the flock of Christ.
- Pray for unity and understanding among the family members.
- Pray that there would be no resentment during pastoral transfers.
- Pray for God to meet the emotional needs of the entire family.
- Pray that Pastors of the Gospel will spend quality time with their families: both leisure time and spiritual time.
- Pray for the family to discern each other’s needs: emotional, physical, material, and spiritual and be a support to each other.
- Pray for them to overcome pressures and stress especially because of the high expectations of the congregation upon them.
- Pray that the children will be free to grow up like every average child in the Church.
Prepared by the CITAM Prayer Ministry
Credits: The Mighty Warrior, by Beth Alves, President of Intercessors International